Governments around the world are considering or already considered the establishment of a medical cannabis program in their country. ICCI and its team of experts can navigate a government through all important questions that need to be taken into account to achieve the best possible cannabis program, enabling safe, efficient and consistent patient access to cannabis entourage effect based treatment methods.
The ICCI team can bring governments the evidence to decide if a cannabis program is needed and why. Experience and expertise of our team can provide the guidance of inter-institutional process that needs to be done to engage all important parties and to fully implement law, regulations and at the end effectively working cannabis program from which the population will benefit only.
Attempting cannabis commerce in the world today is akin to attempting to negotiate a minefield successfully. It cannot be achieved without careful consideration of each new step. Fortunately, the ICCI team has extensive experience in finding the safe path through local, national and international treaty laws to help ensure that cannabis access programs efforts remain safe and successful. Strategies are not always quick, or simple, but we can provide the advice necessary to maximise chances of good results.
Main Priorities for ICCIs Government Relations Services:
1. Helping consider why a cannabis program is needed.
2. Provide information on how medical cannabis program can help local population and potentially also the economy through the export.
3. Provide guidance on law preparation and following the implementation of the law and feasible regulations.
4. Help with the training of the officers that are responsible for the execution of the cannabis program.
5. Provide education of medical professionals, patients and companies, and other ICCI services to ensure the safety and quality of the medicine and health supporting products.
ICCI provides the following services to private companies and government authorities:
National and International Legislation Information/guidance
The ICCI team provides legal consultancy to help countries create legislation, regulation and sub-regulations that are in line with three UN drug conventions, especially by helping to resolve specific issues like mandatory reporting to the International Narcotics Control Board.
Regulatory knowledge and policy advocacy experience with local insight
The experience and expertise of our staff will shorten implementation time and assure the completion of specific regulatory or advocacy projects.
Legal advice on requirements for control of cannabis and cannabis derivatives
Under the Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs of 1961 and the Convention on Psychotropic Substances of 1971, including on:
- control of cultivation of the cannabis plant for the production of cannabis,
- control of manufacture and domestic distribution of cannabis, medicinal cannabis, cannabis preparations and cannabis derivatives,
- control of import and export of cannabis, medicinal cannabis, cannabis preparations and cannabis derivatives, including the system of estimates (quotas),
- mandatory reporting by Governments to the International Narcotics Control Board on cannabis and cannabis derivatives.
Models of national control systems for cannabis and cannabis derivatives
In line with the provisions of the international drug control treaties, and the experience with their implementation in various countries.
ICCI can assist with model law that we created to guide the government through the process of creation of the law and its implementation.
Execution of processes.
Training for national administrators on the implementation of laws and regulation for medical cannabis.
ICCI established a one-week curriculum to deliver the necessary knowledge to governments and their officials.
Consultancy in the field of hemp
ICCI also provides consultancy in the field of hemp and its regulation at the national, regional and international level.